Thursday, February 28, 2008

I think (about weird stuff) therefore I am (a writer)

One thing that I know, is that as long as I have my senses (the 5 senses, that is, not my cognitive capabilities) I will never be bored. I find myself thinking about weird stuff all the time. One time I spent an hour on a balcony overlooking the ocean just so I could REALLY REALLY figure out the sound it makes. (by the way, I have resolved that it goes "Sahrushhhhhh, Sarushhhhh" Just in case you're wondering.)

Today I was at the gym, and as I walked into the locker room, the pungent smell of stainless steel cleaner from the freshly shined bathroom stalls nearly knocked me over. (pardon my adverbs) And what did I do? I spent the first 10 minutes of my workout trying to figure out what stainless steel cleaner smells like. I wondered how I would describe the smell if I were to write about it.

What I came up with is a mixture of sweet, metalic antiseptic.

But rest assured, I am in good company! I'm finding there's lots of "weird" thinkers out there, and if you're one of them, you're my kind of folks! :0)

1 comment:

ian sands said...

stainless steel cleaner smells like chicken.