Monday, November 12, 2007

Book Review: Holes



Wow! I loved this book! I expected it to be good since it is a Newberry winner and they made a movie out of it. But I must admit, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I never saw the movie or heard much about it so the whole story was new to me. It's a great book all around. It's funny, easy to read yet interesting. I love the way Louis Sachar laced so many elements of the story together and tied them all up. Almost everything he included ended up being crucial somehow.

This is a great book to read for those who don't have much time for reading. The Chapters are short and easy to digest. My reading time was cut short this month, but I was able to knock out a chapter by chapter while waiting in the school pick up lines for the kids, and even while waiting in line for my coffee at Starbucks!

There's no excuse to not read this one!

2 comments:

ian sands said...

I stated reading this with my daughter but we never finished it. I also started watching the movie but never finsihed that either.

One of his books I did read all the way thogh was Boy in the Girls Bathroom. If you like Holes....

PaMdora said...

Thanks for the tip, I'll put it on my list!