PJ Hoover challenged people on her blog to read 50 books in 2009. It's still not too late to join the challenge.
Consequently, PJ's book The Emerald Tablet, is a book on the top of my TBR pile. Once I read it, I'll also review it along with a book giveaway!
I'm currently reading Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salmon Rushdie and also the Haunting of Granit Falls by Eva Ibbotson.
Another on my TBR list is The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro. I'm mentioning this because the release of this book is TOMORROW! Yay! AND . . . That's not all . . . I also have an exclusive interview with Tina where she not only talks about her new book, but she also gives us interesting tid-bit about her first kiss. So come back tomorrow and read all about it! But until then, you can head on over to YA Fresh and Books Boys Buzz, where Tina is hosting contests to give away free copies!
I'm excited, because I got a bunch of new books in the mail over the weekend. I plan on reviewing all of them and also doing book give aways! It's my way of spreading the reading luv! Don't 'cha just feel all warm and fuzzy? :0D
So, anyway. . . Who's up to the challenge?
Here's PJ's rules copied and pasted from her blog. But she encourages everyone to adapt the rules if they need to. The point is just to get reading:
(and seriously, if you're doing the challenge, change these in any way you need and feel good about):
- Cannot count anything you've read before (which is why I didn't add any books on writing craft I've already read. I plan to reread many of those throughout the year.)
- No picture books.
- Reading my own books doesn't count. Even if I read them 50 times during revisions.
- Reading critique partners manuscripts doesn't count.
- Mix it up so it's not all YA. I've listed some classics, some adult, and I plan to add some non-fiction.
- When making my list, leave room for spontaneous reads, new releases that are "must reads", and anything I happen to pick up at the library during a given week.
- Record what I read on Goodreads.