Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My blogger friend Bish has nominated me for the Honest Scrap award! I am passing on what Bish posted on her blog regarding the meaning of the Scrap Award.

"Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will. There are 2 guidelines for receiving this award. One, you are to list 10 honest things about yourself. Make them interesting, even if you have to dig deep. Two, present the award to 7 other bloggers."

Ten honest things about me are:

1) I was hit by a car when I was five years old. They didn't think I'd make it.
2) I got to travel around France for a month with my high school french class
3) I've had 3 miscarriages and a stillborn son
4) I once got a 100% on a college tax law class exam even though I'm horrible at math. Guess studying really does pay off.
5) I love being a mom, but my adventurous spirit makes it difficult to adjust to the confinement, of domestic life and the overwhelming amount of cleaning. I always have something to do, but it's usually so dang boring. I'm itching to get back to my old-adventurous, fun and active-self. I'm hoping that this will be a reality as the kids get older.
6) A friend of mine was murdered in Yemen because she was a Christian. She was working as a supply coordinator in a hospital a religious militant snuck into the building and opened fire in the middle of a hospital staff meeting.
7) I've broken every limb on my body except for my right leg.
8) My husband and I had only known each other for about 2 weeks before he proposed. We married young, I was 21. The odds were against us, but we've been married for 15 years.
9) My middle daughter has a chronic kidney disease that will most likely cause her kidneys to fail some day.
10) When I was a kid I wanted to be like Indiana Jones (and I still do)

The 7 friends that I am tagging are:

Susan
Tina
Kelly
Kate
Tara
Brenda

18 comments:

Adrienne said...

Wow...that is some list.
Are you sure you want to be like Indiana Jones with all those broken bones ;)
Great post!

C.R. Evers said...

Great Susan! I can't wait to read yours!

LOL, Adrienne. Maybe that's why I had so many broken bones. Besides, I've been through so much, it takes a lot to frazzle or scare me. :0) That list will look good on my Indiana Jones resume. :0) I think prior bone breakage would be a requirement. :0D

Kelly Polark said...

Whoa, Christy, you've had some heartache. My daughter had her kidney removed last year, I'm sure you and I know more about kidneys than we'd like to know. Good for your hubby and you!!
Thanks for the nomination! I'm on it!

Jacqui said...

Christy, I'd add "brave" to the description after reading your post.

Rena Jones said...

Wow Christy -- and yeah, I echo what Jacqui just said. Dang.

(((HUGS)))

Bish Denham said...

Oh boy Christy, you've been through a lot. I'm sending you and your daughter lots of good thoughts. And I suppose after experiencing what you have, it's no wonder you long for the Indiana Life.

Bish Denham said...

Oh boy Christy, you've been through a lot. I'm sending you and your daughter lots of good thoughts. And I suppose after experiencing what you have, it's no wonder you long for the Indiana Life.

Corey Schwartz said...

Wow! That is quite a list. Never expected to learn so much about you on my first visit to your blog! (clicked through from Tara Lazar).

PJ Hoover said...

Holy Crap, Christy. I'm speechless. You are more than honest, and I totally admire you for it.

Unknown said...

Christy, you're a brave soul for sharing this. You have some really dark material to pull from for your writing. Yet, you're a cheerful person. That speaks to your strong character.

Brenda said...

Thanks for the nomination...and {{{HUGS}}} for sharing all of that with us...

C.R. Evers said...

Thanks guys!

And thanks for stopping by, Corey. Hope to see you around some more. I promise, my posts aren't usually so serious. I try to keep things more light-hearted.

Christy

Unknown said...

Wow...you have been through a lot! What an amazing, adventurous life--especially because you keep that smile on!

Kate said...

I don't know if I can be that honest! Hugs to you, Christy and thanks for the nomination.

C.R. Evers said...

Thanks Beth and Kate!

Marcia said...

Is (7) related to (5)? Seriously, I have to echo Jacqui and Rena. Wow.

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! Actually my right arm and left leg go with #1 and then my left arm goes with an incident that I did not mention. It was an unfortunate cheerleading Pyramid fall. I don't really count that one as brave or adventurous. Just a stupid move.

ian sands said...

Thank goodness you didn't make me one of the people you tagged! Because i would rather not be tagged and just be left alone to know that i'm one of those people who doesn't get tagged...

Tagless,

Jirst