What makes all the seasonal CrAzInEsS worth it? Being able to get 3 active girls to hug, smile and look at the camera at the same time. (trust me! It's a Christmas miracle!)
Hot cocoa and new jamies and robes on Christmas eve.
Catching the joy of my 5 year old while she was in mid-run before the wrapping paper was off her gift and she was yelling "Spongebob! It's a Spongebob game!" As if she had just won a billion dollar lottery.
Catching my 7 year old in mid-jump so that I cut off half of her face from the excitement over her gift.
There was also an nerf gun fight that was wholly satisfying. And don't even get me started on warmed mulled cider and blueberry pie. It was a day of fun, relaxing and family. That's why I collapsed into bed every night feeling like my back was going to break in the month of December. That's why I didn't get any writing done. And that's why I'll do it all again next year.
And now, since it's the last day of 2008, I am going to post my top 10 favorite writerly things of 2008. (Insert "We Will Rock You" melody here)
10) Having my article on the Statue of Liberty published in an e-zine. (I'd post a link, but it's not available for viewing anymore. :0(
9) Re-doing the guest-bedroom so that it doubles as my writing space.
8) Reading a gob of great books
7) The SCBWI Schmooze, hosted by my critique group where Newberry Winner, Frances O'Roark Dowell was the guest speaker.
6) The SCBWI CArolina's Annual Conference
5) having a weeks worth of devotions published in the Good News Daily Devotional Guide. (also available online.)
4) Getting to know and interview some of my favorite authors such as and Tina Ferraro.
3) Attending the Chapel Hill retreat
2) My critique with editor Martha Mihalik from Greenwillow. Wow! What great insight and advice.
1) My critique with editor Krista Marino, Delecorte. Her advice transformed my entire MS.
Hey wait!!!! I didn't get to mention how I luv, luv, luv, getting to know my blogging friends. The ones who frequent my blog and the blogs I like to visit! Jacqui, Rena, Brenda, PJ, Kate, Kelly, Susan, Bish, Adrienne, Stephanie, Ian, Janelle, Kathy, Tabitha, Angela, Kim. . . Heck! (pardon my language) all the people listed under my 'Cool blog" section on my sidebar. I also luv, luv, luv, the people who take time to leave a comment. I luv, luv, luv and even LOVE comments from anybody and everybody. (even dear mom has left a comment or 2 thanks ma!)
OK. So, this makes my top 11 favorites. I've always been a little off the "norm" anyway. Just par for the course. And I like it. :0P
I'm looking forward to what 2009 has in store. hmmmmm . . . . maybe that will be the topic for my next post.